Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Stuff

It has been a while.

Since I last wrote, I've been cooking a bunch, and trying some new things, but nothing worth writing about. We have been doing some fun things though.

Last weekend we had a bourbon tasting party.
Out of 10 different bourbons and whiskeys, the overall winner was Eagle Rare.  We tried a Rye whiskey and a bourbon from Willett, both of which were excellent.

We have been obsessed with this show after watching a Portlandia episode, and I often find myself feeling like these two.

Fortunately, we've been able to get away from the depths of space and get out.  Last night we saw Andrew Bird downtown.  The venue was awesome for his music.

Photo
cityvoter.com
Photo
cityvoter.com
Photo
cityvoter.com

Before we got to the concert, we stopped for a drink at Virginia Cafe.  Really cool place with a 95 year history.  Servers are really nice, and they have great drinks.  There's even a discount for people with a valid food handlers card!  Woo hoo service industry!  Now we know where to go the next time we find ourselves downtown.

Though I've missed a day or two of the April Yoga Challenge, I have found that doing yoga almost everyday has made a huge difference in my life, especially at work.  I'm much more calm, and it seems like I have a much clearer mind, so I'm getting things done on time and having more time to do some of those extra things on my priority lists I keep in my planner but never seem to have the time or energy to get done.  My favorite time to do yoga?  At 4:30am (I know, it's ridiculous) before I start work at 6:30.  

This is my unofficial yoga room when we don't have any guests.


I really rely on Yoga Today to get me through my yoga sessions in that room.  It's pretty great.  I feel like I'm in a class, but instead I'm home and practicing when I want, or when I can. 

More posts to come soon, including one on the Liebster Award.  Thank you for nominating me, Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment